We begin with helping you choose the correct approach for your analysis; whether to focus on a specific branch, department, or your organisation as a whole; the type of questions and content you’d like us to focus on; the level and detail of the feedback reports you’d like us to generate; whether you’d like to opt for in-person or remote interviews; and finally, your time and budget constraints.
The Tuke Foundation’s innovative employee feedback service Inside-i offers a unique, therapy-based approach that provides HR managers with invaluable insights into the collective psychology and well-being of their workforce.
Our anonymous interview process is based on a specially developed approach to questioning known as the Method of Levels (MOL), which is specifically designed to encourage the most honest responses possible from people by connecting them with their most deeply held beliefs and values, revealing the truth behind their experiences in the workplace.
This unique approach enables us to uncover vital information that standard feedback surveys and internal procedures are often unable to detect.
- Gain insights into what your employees genuinely appreciate and dislike about your company
- Expose grievances related to workload, pay, supervision, staff dynamics, etc.
- Early detection of serious issues such as bullying, sexual harassment, racism, sexism, and homophobia
- Support a healthy work-life balance for your employees
- Promote a transparent and supportive work environment while maintaining individual privacy
- Improve employee engagement, productivity, retention, and overall job satisfaction
Each member of staff will be sent a short survey about their workplace happiness and career satisfaction, as well as some questions about their own personal mental health and well-being outside the workplace.
While the answers to these questions will be included in a statistical breakdown as part of our final report, they are mainly included to help our analysts steer the interview process toward areas of concern.
We interview every member of staff in your chosen department, branch, or organisation as a whole, in a 100% guaranteed private and confidential one-to-one setting. We can do this in-person or remotely.
The first part of the interview is used to establish how your employees really feel about working for your organisation; the good, the bad, and the ugly! As well as exposing issues related to workload, pay, supervision, and staff dynamics, our unique line of questioning enables early detection of more serious issues such as bullying, sexual harassment, and (real or perceived) racism, sexism, and homophobia.
The second part of the interview aims to establish to what degree your employees are maintaining a healthy work-life balance. Even if an employee loves their job, they may still be experiencing relationship, health, family, or financial problems, which in turn may be affecting their punctuality, attendance, productivity, creativity, and more.
Once all the interviews have been conducted, the information we collect goes through a bespoke process of both qualitative and quantitative data analysis in order to identify both positive and negative themes, patterns, and anomalies in the collective experience of your workforce.
Your final report will contain all the information you need to gain a detailed understanding the collective psychology of your workforce and includes:
– A 28-point statistical overview of staff attitudes and experiences
– Detailed analysis of both positive and negative feedback including themes, frequency, severity, demographic patterns, and root cause analysis
– Trajectory and outcome predictions for existing, emerging and potential problems
– 360° feedback reports for individual supervisors and managers (if requested)
– Anonymised, privacy-preserving assessments of your employees’ personal circumstances
– Birds-eye view summaries and investigator ratings for each team, dept, branch, etc.
– A comprehensive list of recommendations for both preventative and remedial measures pertaining to all of the above
Under the guidance of Dr. Ana Churchman, our team of professionals has the knowledge and experience to deliver transformative results for your organization.
Dr. Churchman has a PhD in Clinical Psychology and has authored six published papers on the application of Perceptual Control Theory (PCT) and Method of Levels (MOL) in various educational settings. Her undergraduate degree was in Psychology and Abuse Studies for which she received 1st Class Honours.
Ana has broad experience in a range of professional settings including teaching, research, Special Educational Needs (SEN), and local government. She has been a clinical MOL practitioner for more than six years, with thousands of hours of therapy, teaching, and supervision successfully completed.
- 60 min sessions conducted via Video Call
- For organisations requiring fast turnaround, flexible interview scheduling, and with tighter budget constraints.
- Best suited to teams who work remotely, on the road, off-base, or in multiple locations. i.e. IT, marketing, sales, construction, logistics, maintenance, customer service, etc.
- Employees book their own appointments via online calendar-based booking form.
- Sessions available outside of work hours
- Limited white labelling options
- 60 min sessions conducted on-site and face-to-face
- For organisations with looser time and budget constraints, and who prefer to maintain control over interview scheduling.
- Best suited to teams who work together, on-site, and in a single building or location. i.e. Manufacturing, hospitality, retail, education, healthcare, finance, public sector, etc.
- Schedule appointments for your employees during work hours.
- Sessions available during your office hours
- Unlimited white labelling options
All prices shown are per team member and include VAT.
Our base rate prices shown above are for organisations looking to analyse up to 24 employees.
For organizations looking to analyse 25 or more employees, we offer the following tiered volume discounts.
- 5% off for 25-49 employees
- 10% off for 50-99 employees
- 15% off for 100-199 employees
- 20% off for 200+ employees
A further 10% discount is available for organisations of any size who opt-in to our Mutual Benefits Discount program. See below.
Mutual Benefit Discounts
Every organisation that utilises this service is entitled to a 5% discount in exchange for written testimonials recommending our services to others.
We also offer a further 5% rebate to any organisation that successfully refers us to one of their partner or affiliate organisations.
Note that the above discounts can be stacked on top of volume discounts.
For organisations with a combination of on-site and remote workers, we can simply offer a hybrid approach, conducting in-person interviews for on-site workers, and remote interviews for remote workers.
Pricing for this approach is simply a combination of both pricing structures quoted above on a per-employee basis.
Another version of our hybrid model is to conduct all employee interviews remotely while conducting any meetings with management (consultation, updates, reports, and final analysis, etc.) in-person. There may be added travel costs for this approach depending on location.
Depending on the culture of your workplace it may be preferable or advantageous for you to present this service to your employees under a different guise than our standard, straightforward approach.
For instance, some companies may wish to present this less as a feedback analysis project, and more as an opportunity for their employees to vent their frustrations and blow off steam, in which case it may be more fun or relatable to rebrand the service something lighthearted like “VentSafe”, “Moan Zone” or “The Beef Box”.
This approach can be further developed with the in-person service by transforming your designated interview room(s) with themed furniture and decor.
For example, using the “Whine Cellar” branding, we could kit out your designated interview room with a mocktail bar, bar stools, dimmed lighting, and background music.
This more fun and relaxed approach could help your employees feel a greater sense of distance from their workplace environment on the other side of the door enabling them to relax and be more honest with their feedback.
There is an additional cost for this service which is priced as a single and separate white label service charge.